Don’t miss the next Cleantech Conversations webinar facilitated by NERA GM Paul Hodgson, which will explore how Australia is placed to be a leading producer of hydrogen and what the current landscape looks like.
This interactive session brings together a cross-section of industry thought leaders who will discuss the current hydrogen landscape in Australia and globally, including learnings from projects already established. Opening with a case study of the Sir Samuel Griffith Centre, Australia’s first zero-emission teaching and research building powered entirely by solar-hydrogen energy, the panel will explore the critical factors that will ensure hydrogen technology is adopted at scale, the supply chain gaps and what collaboration and integration is required.
- Facilitator: Paul Hodgson, GM Innovation and Stakeholder Engagement, NERA
- Professor Evan Gray — Queensland Micro and Nanotechnology Centre
- Professor Peta Ashworth — Director of the Andrew N.Liveris Academy for Innovation and Leadership and Chair in Sustainable Energy Futures at UQ
- Emma Brand — Project Manager — Hydrogen, Origin
Topics for this interactive discussion will include:
- What are the critical factors that will ensure hydrogen technology is adopted at scale?
- What are the supply chain gaps and how can they be filled? What collaboration and integration is required?
- What is the export potential? Do we need to ensure a domestic market first?
- Green, blue, brown hydrogen — which way is Australia heading?
- Case study: Sir Samuel Griffith Centre energy system. Uses hydrogen for long term energy storage. A pioneering demonstration of renewable energy and off grid technology.