NERA is seeking EOIs from businesses with relevant clean energy technology solutions. Shortlisted technology providers will receive:
- Pitch readiness training to assist in refining their value proposition and developing their business canvas to accelerate their commercialisation journey.
- The opportunity to present a three-minute pitch, introducing their technology, live on stage at the Industry Supply Forum AOG Energy 2023. This will provide finalists exposure to an audience of major operators, government, and industry as well as a diverse judging panel, comprising of industry experts, investors and academia.
- Full-day space at the NERA Technology Discovery Centre on day 2 of AOG Energy 2023. This is a dedicated pod to showcase technology and meet with potential investors and buyers from leading energy companies.
- Promotion as ‘LETs Pitch Finalist’ through NERA’s extensive network, raising their business profile.
- A digital badge identifying their business as a ‘LETs Pitch Finalist’.
- An invitation to join a Clean Energy Mission in Singapore hosted by Austrade, taking place mid 2023.
- One year free 'growth' subscription to Australia's Energy Technology platform.
Who is eligible to submit an EOI?
LETs Pitch is open to start-up or scale-up businesses with a technology that will support Australia’s net-zero future. This includes:
- Clean hydrogen — Technologies that support the production, storage, distribution or utilisation of clean hydrogen or clean hydrogen-based fuels.
- Low emissions electricity — Technologies that support electricity derived from variable renewable energy sources (e.g. wind, solar, wave, tidal, etc.).
- Electrification & fuel switching — Technologies that enable the replacement of fossil fuel energy sources (coal, oil, and natural gas) with electricity, or that enable a switch from emissions-intensive fuels to cleaner alternatives.
- Non-energy emissions — Technologies that reduce emissions created through industrial and manufacturing processes, and waste management practices.
- Carbon Capture, Utilisation & Storage — Technologies that capture, store, and/or utilise carbon dioxide or decrease atmospheric concentrations of CO2.
- System flexibility and integration — Technologies that enhance system flexibility or enable systems integration. This including storage solutions like batteries and smart digital grids.
- Energy efficiency & Industrial process optimisation — Technologies that optimise energy production and/or industrial processes or reduce energy requirements to deliver a given product or service.
Businesses must have premises and employees in Australia and hold an active Australian Business Number (ABN).
For the purposes of this program, technology providers are small to medium entities with a turnover of less than $10 million and fewer than 100 employees.
The applicant must be willing and able to meet its time and financial commitments in the program and have personnel available to join the development events.
The key program dates are provided below:
1 March — Pitch readiness workshop15 March — Live Pitch Event at AOG Energy 202316 March — Attendance as an exhibitor on the NERA Technology Discovery Centre at AOG Energy 2023Mid 2023 — Singapore Clean Energy Mission hosted by Austrade
Complete our short EOI form by 10 pm AWST on 5 February 2023. The form has mandatory fields and word limits, so please ensure you describe your application clearly and succinctly.
The program process
Information about the LETs Pitch process can be found here.
Visit our FAQ page or email NERA firstname.lastname@example.org