NERA is seeking EOIs from businesses that have relevant clean technology solutions ready to showcase at an international event. Shortlisted technology providers will:
- Be provided with pitch readiness training to assist in refining their pitch, including clarifying their value proposition and developing their business canvas to accelerate their commercialisation journey.
- Be invited to a virtual Pitch Battle to provide a five-minute pitch introducing their technology to a judging panel comprising of blue-chip investors, venture capitalists and industry experts.
- Receive technology promotion on NERA’s website and social media channels.
The winning technology providers will be invited to join the ‘Team Australia’ delegation to showcase their solutions at the 2022 Global Clean Energy Action Forum (GCEAF) in Pittsburgh, United States, in late September.
Who is eligible to submit an EOI?
- LETs Pitch is open to start-up or scale-up businesses with a technology that will support Australia’s low‑carbon future. This includes:
- Clean hydrogen - Technologies that support the production, storage, distribution or utilisation of clean hydrogen or clean hydrogen-based fuels.
- Low emissions electricity - Technologies that support electricity derived from variable renewable energy sources (e.g. wind, solar, wave, tidal, etc.).
- Electrification & fuel switching - Technologies that enable the replacement of fossil fuel energy sources (coal, oil, and natural gas) with electricity, or that enable a switch from emissions-intensive fuels to cleaner alternatives.
- Non-energy emissions – Technologies that reduce emissions created through industrial and manufacturing processes, and waste management practices.
- Carbon Capture, Utilisation & Storage - Technologies that capture, store, and/or utilise carbon dioxide or decrease atmospheric concentrations of CO2.
- System flexibility and integration - Technologies that enhance system flexibility or enable systems integration. This including storage solutions like batteries and smart digital grids.
- Energy efficiency & Industrial process optimisation - Technologies that optimise energy production and/or industrial processes or reduce energy requirements to deliver a given product or service.
- Businesses must hold an active Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Businesses must have premises and employees in Australia.
- For the purposes of this program, technology providers are small to medium entities with a turnover of less than $10 million and fewer than 100 employees.
- A business willing and able to meet its time and financial commitments in the program, has personnel available to both join the development events and also to travel to the proposed international event in Pittsburgh. The key program dates are provided below:
- 17 August – Pitch readiness training
- 24 August – Virtual Pitch Battle Event
- 21 – 23 September – Attend GCEAF in Pittsburgh, United States
- A business willing to participate in the media and marketing activities associated with the program.
Complete our short EOI form by 10 pm AWST on Sunday 31 July 2022. The form has mandatory fields and word limits, so please ensure you describe your application clearly and succinctly.
The Program Process
Information about the LETs Pitch Process can be found here.
Visit our FAQ page or email NERA email@example.com