Industry: .Oil and Gas
Knowledge Priority: . Understand and unlock Australia's resources base
State: . QLD
About the Project
The Jundah Project - unlocking the Toolebuc Formation - seeks to prove the petroleum production potential of the highly prospective Toolebuc Formation.
Located within the Eromanga Basin of southwest Queensland, the shale formation has the potential to be a long-term key contributor to the east coast energy market.
A collaboration between Bridgeport Energy, Geological Survey of Queensland and the University of Queensland, the project will integrate existing and modern analytical methods and technologies which have not previously been utilised for evaluating the formation.
The Toolebuc Formation has the potential to supply natural gas to the east coast domestic market, helping to address energy security priorities. Key project deliverables are:
- Improved understanding of the formation and the mechanisms that underpin petroleum release.
- Volume estimation of unconventional shale reservoirs.
- Delineation and characterisation the Toolebuc Formation shale play through the development of a regional basin and petroleum systems model.
- Total Project Cost:$545,000
- NERA Funding: $272,500
- Industry: $272,500
*Funding excludes GST.
Current Status: contracts signed and project has commenced.
Start: May 2018
Finish: April 2020
- NERA (National Energy Resources Australia)
- Bridgeport Energy
- Geological Survey of Queensland, Department of Natural Resources Mines and Energy
- The University of Queensland