01 July 2019
The 2019/20 Business Plan reflects the 2019 SCP Update and sets out NERA's work program to enable us to assist the sector deliver the following outcomes:
- Reduce costs and improve efficiency across the whole value chain.
- Deploy novel digital technologies and solutions to unlock resources and value.
- Accelerate the growth of an innovative local supply chain and integration into the global supply chains.
- Develop the skills and capabilities required to support the energy resources sector's uptake of digital technologies.
- Commercialise and adopt hybrid, clean and renewable technologies to minimise industry's input energy costs and waste and emissions.
- Work with the energy resources sector to support their energy transition plans, through for example developing a roadmap to alternate and affordable future energy solutions such as Hydrogen for Export (leveraging the industry's LNG experience and capabilities).
- Support sustainable environmental performance, improved community acceptance and access to resources.
To achieve these outcomes, we have grouped our work program into five focus areas:
- Industry-driven and applied research
- Technology and service exports
- Skills and capabilities that enable digital transformation of the sector
- Energy transition and the hydrogen economy
- Strategic initiatives.
The work program will be promoted by communicating the value and impact of NERA initiatives and show case our projects through our new Creating Our New Energy Futures book series, a refreshed The Energy Innovators Podcast series and through focussed events and workshops.