14 September 2020
The 20–21 Business Plan sets out NERA's work program, which will focus on the following strategies:
- Discover digital and technology solutions to industry's challenges through collaborative industry led programs designed to commercialise and apply R&D and innovation.
- Drive collaboration across industry sectors e.g. for remote operations, across the mining, oil and gas, space and agriculture sectors.
- Develop business capability and capacity and support industry clusters and export hubs.
- Support independent science, data, R&D and innovation to improve industry's environmental, safety and social performance.
- Establish Australia as a global leader in life extension, repurposing and decommissioning of energy resources infrastructure.
- Accelerate supply chain development and SME growth.
- Support technology led solutions in hybrid, hydrogen, carbon capture and storage and carbon utilisation to decarbonise the economy and ensure access to affordable and reliable energy for all Australians.