NERA, OGTC, Unearthed and Station Houston are pleased to announce the launch of a new international program to support, promote and connect leading Australian technology companies with major energy resource ecosystems around the world to provide global solutions.
The program provides a pathway for energy technology companies and industry to collaborate and access new markets, leveraging the reputation, knowledge and relationships of partners in their respective countries.
To kick-off the program, NERA and Unearthed are taking four early-stage companies with world-leading energy technologies from Australia to Houston, Texas to attend OTC, the world’s largest oil & gas conference.
Underlining the truly global nature of the new program, OGTC will also send four UK-based start-ups to the conference in Texas, with project partners developing reciprocal networking and engagement opportunities that connect the three energy resource capitals: Perth (Australia), Aberdeen (Scotland) and Houston (USA).
About the Tech Tour
Australia’s leading early-stage energy technology companies will participate in a 10-day Energy Technology Tour to Houston centred around the OTC Conference. The visit will include attendance at the OTC conference and exhibits together with a custom program of networking events and meetings with leaders from industry, academia, government and global energy technology ecosystems.
Dates: 5-15 May 2019 (OTC runs from 6-9 May 2019).
Funding: NERA will subsidise each company up to A$10,000 to participate in the program.
Opportunity: Connect with potential customers, identify partners, validate your technology and solution with industry leaders and create the pathway to access the global energy market.
- OTC – access the official OTC conference, exhibits and technical programs including a session dedicated for Australian energy tech tour participants.
- Rice Alliance Startup Roundup – participate in the leading annual pitch event for energy startups in Houston.All Australian energy tech tour participants will be profiled at this event and have the opportunity to pitch to top energy industry executives and investors.
- Station Houston – profile your company to the community and members at a dedicated event at the largest co-working space in Houston.
- Meetings with Industry – tour and meet with representatives across the energy industry in Houston.
- Networking Events – connect with industry leaders and other partners in a series of networking events during the week of OTC.
- Tour of Universities/ Research Institutes – tour leading energy research institutes to understand how your technology solution fits in the global energy landscape.
- Meet with Partners – meet with partners and service providers that will help get you ready for your company’s entry into the US market such as legal, taxation, IP, banking.
- Connect with Australian Consulate – meet with Austrade and Consulate officials that can support the preparation of your company to enter into the US market.
* The program is subject to change.
Who should apply?
We are seeking early-stage Australian energy technology companies with world-class, advanced technologies capable of making a significant impact on the energy sector. Companies may include startups, scale-ups or SMEs with strong IP and technology portfolios. NERA encourages applicants from across the value chain to apply, including those focussing on developing robotic technologies, applying digital systems, plus those with products/services that can assist the sector partner with the renewables industry to achieve lower emissions, adopt clean technologies and deliver a sustainable energy mix for Australia.
Applicants must be willing to commit to travel to Houston to participate in the full energy technology tour program at OTC.
Applications for the Tech Tour are now closed.
Successful companies will be notified by Friday 12 April 2019.
For more information