In this round of funding NERA is specially targeting the following focus areas impacting the Australian energy resources sector: Remote Operations, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Unconventional Gas Technologies, Hydrogen and Decommissioning. Proposal in other areas of the sector will still be considered. All proposals must address the objectives of the Growth Centre and clearly demonstrate national or sector wide benefit. Assessment criteria includes:
- Extent of alignment with the NERA 10-year Sector Competitiveness Plan (SCP) and Knowledge Priorities.
- Extent of alignment of the focus areas called for in this expressions of interest process.
- Extent to which the project addresses a gap in the capacity and capability of the energy resources sector.
- Extent to which the project will deliver national and sector wide impact and how the results will be made available.
- Extent to which the project will improve training or workforce skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of technical, methodological and management capability to deliver the project, including track record and risk profile.
- Projects must be completed by 31 December 2021.